HTML Map

Friday, January 25, 2013

The HMB

The HMB is one of my favorite tools!

It stands for Home Management Binder.

I created mine about 4 years ago and got the
idea from a group I was a part of on CafeMom,
back when that was cool.

It is my household guide book and is responsible
for keeping me sane on a daily basis.

 I will give you an idea of what I keep in my
personal HMB and hopefully you will be inspired
enough to make one!

I can't tell you how useful it is!



Section 1 - Monthly Planner

Monthly calendar
Weekly menus
Grocery lists
Schedules

Section 2 - Expenses

Budget sheet
Bills schedule
Debt snowball worksheet
Receipts/warranty information

Section 3 - Household

Password list
Trip packing list
Auto maintenance paperwork
Travel plans
Contracts

Section 4 - Cleaning

Daily chores
Weekly chores
Monthly chores
Spring cleaning breakdown 

Section 5 - Emergency

Info for babysitters
Family ID information
(thumbprints, recent pic, etc)
Medical consent forms
 Copies of insurance info
Home inventory w/ pictures
Evacuation plans

Section 6 - Home Projects

To-Do lists
Home wish list
Magazine cut outs, printed ideas
Garden information

That is my HMB in a nutshell. To give you a
head start on your own HMB, I designed some title
pages and added them to my Etsy store!

If you plan on making one you will need to get
a 3-ring binder, page protectors, and dividers.

"Stressed is desserts spelled backwards!"

1 comment:

  1. We've got one of these :) But we call it Andy's Big Book of Everything!

    ReplyDelete