HTML Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Get Healthy Pt 2 & 3

I bailed on my post last night.
I'm sorry.
So I'm gonna make double post tonight. 

So far kinda good in my health challenge.
I did good without soda or red bull until today...
and I went to a friend's house....
and my kids proceeded to literally split her daughter's
bed in half from jumping on it.....
Yea, that warranted half a cup of Dr. Pepper.

Other than that it's been water and coffee if I need the caffeine!

Part deux of this challenge is
Switch to whole grains.

I'm a typical American and I love my refined grains.
But for one week I'm going to try to change
that as much as I can.
I go grocery shopping tomorrow so whole
grain products will be my number 1 goal.
Just a little extra something to help my body get a little healthier.
 So I will be eating ONLY whole grains until (at least) January 23, 2013.
Hopefully longer.
Read this article if you need more convincing:
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55832

Part three?
Three meatless dinners a week.

I have lots of vegetarian and vegan friends
and although I love my cheeseburgers, I know there are
plenty of delicious meatless meals I can make.

It won't only help your grocery budget but eating
meatless a couple times a week means you'll be
consuming less calories, cholesterol and saturated fat.
If you're making wise "meatless" decisions you will
also be increasing your intake of important vitamins and minerals.

Now I want to commit to three meatless dinners a week.
I've also heard of only eating meat on weekends.
And there's always Meatless Mondays.
So at least three meatless dinners in the next week is my goal.



I guess these two challenges go hand in hand.
I have no shame in admitting that our diet can use a little help.
Especially right now since we are prone to "deployment food".
It's always fun going to the commissary and knowing
who's husbands are deployed just by looking at their cart.

It's also Wednesday which means I will be doing my 

No comments:

Post a Comment