HTML Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Our Homeschooling Space

Today is our first day back at "school" after winter break.
For those that don't know, I homeschool our 5 year old.
I figured I would give it a try during her Kindergarten year
and if it didn't work out, I would enroll her for 1st grade.

Well we are LOVING it!
I absolutely love working with her every morning,
seeing her progress, witnessing her passion for learning.

I made up my own curriculum for this year
which has been really fun. I think I will post it
another day for anyone else who might want to use it.

We don't have much space in our little four bedroom
base house, but we utilize a small corner for our homeschooling.

I got the awesome calendar off of Amazon. The file holder as well.
  We have one file for each day of the week. I try to get our weeks
worth of lessons put into the files on Sunday nights. This system has
worked pretty well for us and its nice that it doesn't take up any room.


I snagged this desk off of a local yard sale site for $20. 
Its the PERFECT size for Kayden. To the left is a box where
I keep all of her completed work. The drawers on right hold my
mommy folder with all my lesson plans, construction paper, and
any other miscellaneous items we use such as math counters and flash cards.

It's not much, but we don't need much. I do have fantasies of a 
gorgeous colorful homeschooling room some day. But with only one
school-aged kid, this is good for now :)

PS. Don't forget to start the 200 Sit Ups Challenge!
I would do the initial test today, and start Day 1 on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment