HTML Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Healthy Me/Happy Me

Ok I am getting serious.
I haven't had any motivation lately to do anything.
Smoothies and TurboFire have taken the back seat since Sam died.
I never officially completed the Sit-Ups challenge.

But as I deal with all sorts of mental struggles, I've realized that
I need to focus on taking care of myself to find that Happy Me again.

I'm going to the gym today.
This is huge. I don't remember the last time I set foot in a gym!
Our base community center has a free cardio room for us to use and
they even have a separate room where the kids can play, with windows
so we can see them the entire time.

I'm super excited about going and I've decided to try to C25K program.
I will start that today!

I've also committed myself to a 10 day Shakeology challenge with my
Beachbody coach Rikka. I obviously don't need to lose weight but I am
horrible at eating breakfast. I drink coffee and go on with my day. I know
breakfast is super important for you so I'm hoping that using Shakeology as
a breakfast meal replacement will give me a better start to my day and the
vitamins and superfoods its packed with helps my mind and energy levels.


I will report back to you after these 10 days and let you know how I feel.
I start that tomorrow!

The absolute hardest thing about all of this is changing my eating habits.
For the next 10 days, at least, I need to really pay attention to what I eat.
That is part of the challenge that I agreed to. No soda, no alcohol, no
fast food. The only thing I've got going for me here is that my husband is
studying nutrition science and will be on my butt about it every day!

Sooo wish me luck with all of these new adventures!

If you want to join me in any of these challenges, let me know! I can let you
know when Rikka does her next Shakeology challenge and we can keep
eachother motivated with workouts and eating right! That's what best friends are for!

:)


4 comments:

  1. Good Luck Kelly! I will help you get through the next 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am horrible at breakfast also. Good luck with your challenges/goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will keep you all updated! :)

      Delete