HTML Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

Couponing My Way

I so wish I was an amazing couponer. I love watching those shows. 
I even know some people who are super good at it and save tons of money.

I don't know why I don't understand it.

I love my coupons, I love my sales, I even hosted a couponing class in my home by
some lady who knows the ins and outs of it all. Nope, still don't get it.

But even though I'm not entirely savvy in it all, I still try to use coupons as much as I can.

My Sources

1) Sunday paper coupons - I actually have my mom save them from her paper every week because she doesn't use them and I'm too cheap to pay for a paper!!! 

2) In Store coupons - the ones you find strategically placed near products every once in a while. At least our commissary does this. I end up ripping quite a few off if I see something good! 

3) Coupons.com - A great source but you have to have a printer.

4) Commissary Rewards Card - It's kind of a process but its worth it some times! I believe this is available at all commys now, so if you haven't gotten one yet, sign up!

My Routine

I shop for our groceries weekly around here. I try to go on Saturdays. I usually spend Friday or early Saturday making my list and going through my coupons. I have a little zipper pencil pouch in my HMB that I keep my clipped coupons in. I go through these, scour coupons.com for anything I might use, and go to the commissary site to see what coupons are available there.

I try to plan my menu around coupons as much as possible. After I plan my meals, I write out my list and I put a star next to anything I have coupons for. It helps me keep track. I usually end up saving $10-$15 a trip, which isn't a lot compared to other people, but its enough to make me feel good! That also translates to $40-$60 a month just by doing a little bit of planning before I go to the store.

Using Your Commissary Rewards Card

The thing about this is, its not your typical store card. I'm not even sure what the "rewards" are other than the coupons you get. Once your card is registered, you load electronic coupons to it online before your shopping trip. When you check out, make sure you hand over your card for them to scan so your coupons are applied. When I shopped yesterday, they had some pretty good offers like $1 off Luvs diapers and $1 off Pur water filter, which were both on my list already!

Here's my receipt from yesterday...



If you have any more good couponing tips, please share! I'm always eager to learn more :)



Don't forget to follow me:
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment