HTML Map

Monday, July 22, 2013

Menu Plan 7/21-7/26

I used to be very detailed about meal planning. I would plan every
meal of every day (including 2 snacks) for a week at a time before I
went to the grocery store. I'm not sure why or when I stopped doing
that...probably because its so much work...but I really liked knowing
what we were eating and when. It was one less thing I had to think
about. Recently, you're lucky if I can squeeze out a week's worth of
dinner ideas before my weekly shopping trip.

Some day I hope to get back to my super organized meal planning.
But I think I will start posting my weekly menu here. It will give me
the opportunity to share new recipes and recommendations and I'll 
be able to use it for future reference when I'm stuck on dinner ideas.
 
So for a little pregame warmup...
You can print out your own Menu Planner worksheet here.
The type of meals I plan depends on our budget.
 I budget $125 a week for the 5 of us.
(Rule of thumb: $100 per person per month)
If we have enough in our budget I'll throw in a "fast food night".
Feel free to ask for recipes or copy my dinner plans.
If the recipes are online, I will try to remember to link them.


July 21-July 26

Fajitas and Black Beans
Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
Chicken Croissants and Pasta Salad
Beef Tacos
Fast Food Night


No comments:

Post a Comment