HTML Map

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Liebster Award

 
I was nominated for a Liebster Award!! Yay!!
Thank you Pam at The Patriotic Pam for the nomination!

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

The Rules
1) Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2) Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
3) Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4) Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5) Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
6) No Tag Backs!!!

My Questions From Pam
{1}  What made you start blogging?
As a stay at home mom and wife, I wanted to find a purpose outside 
of these four walls. It is not the right time for me to go to school or work
so I thought I'd give blogging a shot. It turns out I LOVE it!
{2}  Who do you admire most?
Am I allowed to say Oprah? :) I absolutely love her and always have.
I just love her story and how she uses her fame and wealth for good causes.
{3}  Favorite vacation?
A houseboat at Lake Powell, AZ when I was about 14.
I'm dying to do it again!
{4}  Your most admirable trait?
This is such a hard question to answer about yourself lol I would
like to think that I'm selfless. I'm genuinely happy to put others ahead of myself.
{5} Sweats or Dresses?
I've got to say dresses :) I love getting dressed up. That is when I
feel most confident.
{6} Dogs or Cats?
Dogs. My answer would not have been the same if you had
asked me 7 years ago ;)
{7}  What is your favorite thing to do with friends?
Grabbing starbucks and chatting. We do this regularly and always
end up laughing and having a great time. It's good for my soul.
{8}  Grilling or Crockpot-ing?
If I'm doing the cooking, crock pot. If someone else is doing it, grill.
{9}  Tell us your favorite Sports team? 
San Diego Chargers! I bleed blue and gold.
{10}  How many states have you lived in?
2, California and North Carolina
{11}  Since these are all military spouses, favorite thing you LOVE about being a milspouse?
I love so much about this lifestyle. I think my favorite part is the sisterhood 
among wives. Complete strangers become family so fast and support one another
in ways no one else can understand. I don't know what I would do without these ladies!

My 11 Random Facts
  • I hate strawberries.
  • I was the statistician for my high school football team and walked the sidelines in heels.
  •  Pit Bulls are my favorite breed of dogs. I believe in them.
  • I want to be a surrogate mother someday.
  • I love to cook but I suck at baking.
  • I forget to take the trash out to the street every week and end up going out in my pajamas when I hear the truck coming. That's usually Andrew's job.
  • I overuse the words "like" and "omg" when I talk.
  • I could live off of Redbull and coffee...I probably really couldn't, but in my dreams it would be possible.
  • I love people and laughing and making others happy.
  • I've had asthma almost my entire life and have to take medication every day for it.
  • My favorite color is pink!
My Nominations
1. Meara at My Home Is With You
2. Kathy at Carys & Charlie
3. Alison at Military Wife
5. Carrie at Mizell Mayhem
7. Tina at ThriftingWithCake
8. Kailyn at Smalls The Blog
9. Rachel at Raves + Revelations
10. Audrey at Standing By Him
11.Kaylee at Moore Kaylee

Since I was nominated by someone I don't personally know, I decided to only
nominate people I don't know either :) I scoured through blogs and found a few
that I really enjoyed and wanted to share with my readers.
I do have a few personal friends who blog and they are listed on the right.
If you have a moment, please check them out!

My Questions For You
(1) Did you play any sports in high school?
(2) What made you smile today?
(3) How many kids do you have or want?
(4) Taco or burrito?
(5) What is one word you would use to describe your life?
(6) What kind of music do you listen to?
(7) What is the last thing you ate?
(8) If you were stranded on an island with just a beach chair, what would be your drink of choice?
(9) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
(10) Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
(11) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

So fun! I'm so excited to make new friends through this!

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww, thank you so much for nominating me!! Yep SD raised, and I looooooove the Chargers as well, always have, always will. :)

    Also, I tried to respond to your comment, but you're a no-reply blogger fix, take a look at that think and it'll show you how to fix it and take the word verification off so it's easier and faster for bloggers to comment, a lot of people don't comment because of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangit it mentioned that when I commented and I was like "That doesn't apply to me" lol apparently it does oops! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Ok I think I fixed it. It took me a while to figure out! I didn't realize my profile was connected to Google+ and I had to "revert back to blogger profile". Thank you though!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination and how fun to find and learn about YOU!

    I'm on my first cup of coffee (Yes, I slept in- LATE!) and not the brightest bulb right now, but will come back to your questions and all else this afternoon.

    Your blog is so CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I completely understand the coffee thing! I do not function without ingesting AT LEAST a cup in the morning lol

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that you love pitbulls! They are amazing creatures and soo completely misunderstood! Just wanted to throw that in there..AND...a few years ago I always forgot about the garbage..and it would be gross garbage with dog poo and food from the week- in the hot summer.

    NOT good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I admit I used to believe the stigmas until I met my husband and he changed my view on them. They hold such a special place in my heart.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nomination!!! It'll take me a few days (ok, ok by days I mean weeks!) to reply and spread the love, but I WILL do it! Thanks again lady!

    ReplyDelete