HTML Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm a Failure

I'm not gonna sugar coat it.
I'm a failure.
And I'm ok with that.
Well, kinda.


I'm one of those people that starts a project but can never finish it.
I don't beat myself up for it, it's just the way I am.
I always have great intentions in the beginning and then the
excitement of the situation wears off and the project
nosedives off of my priority list.


Here are some examples of some recent projects I have failed at:
  • Gardening, sounded great in the beginning and now it's dead. The flowers in the front are barely hanging on for dear life.
  • Two hundred sit ups challenge, I've attempted this probably 6 times and can't ever stick with it past Week 3.
  • Scrapbooking, I love it, I enjoy it, but once I had kids I realized its a lot more difficult to do with little grabby hands hanging around me constantly. So my oldest daughters scrapbook has about 8 pages completed and the other 2 kids don't even have an album.
  • C25K, I'm in the process of failing since I have only successfully completed week 1 and I've only managed to go to the gym two times in the past two weeks.
  • The Twilight Series, I finished New Moon and the rest of the books are sitting on my shelf.
I'm sure there's more that I just can't think of because, well,
that's how I failed at them in the first place.

So what am I going to do about this? I have so many things I want
to do, so many plans around the house that I haven't followed through
with. I really need to pick one and focus on it until the job is done instead
of attempting 100 different things at once and half-assing all of them.

So the first project I will be working on until completed (NO EXCUSES)
is printing and organizing all of our family photos. I purchased some awesome
albums from Kolo.com, one color for each kid, and I have yet to put a single photo
in any of them. Maybe I will have time to scrapbook some of the pictures later,
but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew right now. If I can get these pictures placed
in their specified albums in chronological order before my kids move out of the house,
I will deem this a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment