HTML Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cheesy Potato Salad {recipe}

I have no idea where I got this recipe but it has been
in my recipe box since the beginning of my marriage.
Hand-written on a note card, so you know it was before
Pinterest ever came along. Old school.

Anyway, I remember making this recipe for a pot luck
play date in the town we used to live in. Nobody gave me
the time of day during the play date until someone asked
"Who brought this potato salad?"
And that is how I make friends.
Just kidding, I never went back to that play group but at
least I got an honest opinion about my cooking in the process.



Cheesy Potato Salad

2 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
1 c sour cream
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c white sugar
1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 c shredded cheddar
handful of bacon bits

1) Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover.
Boil for about 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
Drain, set aside to cool.
2) In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar,
half of the green onions and half of the cheese. Gently stir
in potatoes.
3) Top with remaining green onions, cheese and the bacon bits.
Serve!

Its the sugar that makes this recipe a winner.
And the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment