HTML Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tis the Season

I'm baaaaaaack.
I had a short hiatus as the kids and I visited some family.

It's one of those "must do" things during deployment I think.

It was a wonderful trip and now we are home and ready to get
back into the swing of things which includes my blog!

(I missed you, bloggy! *pat pat*)

SO It's starting to warm up a little bit around these parts.
Spring is right around the corner.
Birds are tweeting, plants are sprouting, 
crickets are....returning *shudders*

And this is the time of year I start planning my garden
and flower beds.

 

I have this section along the front walkway outside my
house that always looks so plain and boring. 

 

It really bothered me when we first moved in and last year I
finally decided to do something about it and plant some flowers.
They turned out to be very pretty and they grew really well
in the desert heat so I will plant the same kind again this year.


In the back yard I have a small garden bed my hubby built for us
after we moved in. I'm eager to get it started this season!


I have to share one of my favorite websites.


Type in your zip code and it will give you a growing guide
specific to your area with instructions (and drawings) to help
you along the way!

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY.

    And I looked up my zip code on the website and they're ALL for inside LOL. They must think I'm crazy wanting to grow something outside here.

    I'm excited to see what you do with your yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I had a dream last night that the kids and I came to visit you. It was summer but there was snow everywhere and your "pool" was a hot tub!

      Delete