HTML Map

Monday, February 11, 2013

Positive Living

Monday seems to be an appropriate day for this post.
People are typically bummed out on Mondays.
In fact the whole world seems to be bummed out.
Always.
Everything is so negative.

I don't even watch the news anymore because I
can't handle being sad, worried and concerned all
of the time.

I'm not saying I'm naive to the problems of
the world, but we only have one life to live
and I'd like to enjoy it.

From now on, I will be posting POSITIVE and
UPLIFTING news articles on my Facebook page.
A little reassurance that there is good in this world.

I want this blog to be a happy place for people
to come to. I want the people in my life to practice
living life in a positive light.

If we all chose to live with just a little more positivity,
we can make this world just a teeny tiny bit better.

 You all have an assignment to do now.
At some point this week, do something POSITIVE.
  • Bake cookies for a friend and add a note about how much you appreciate them.
  • Write a nice e-mail to one of your favorite companies and tell them why you love them.
  • If you have a friend in need, take some time to really listen to them. Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you.
  • Smile at strangers.
  • Hold the door open for somebody.
  • Say please and thank you.
It doesn't take much and you could possibly
turn someone's day completely around by doing
one small thing for them.

“People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.”
― Steve Maraboli

And now for the single, most inspirational picture I've ever seen....

4 comments:

  1. I love this SO much. I always tell people that they can not have a positive life with a negative mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It seems like people have just accepted a negative world and its sad. But the more we work on ourselves to be positive, the more we will influence the people around us to do the same.

      Delete
  2. She rubbed off on me too haha. This month has been going SO well, and I still have a lot of awesome stuff coming through out the next few months too. There's that little voice in my head that's like "It's just your Mania from your Bi-Polar. You're overcompensating for Kyle being gone. You're not really happy. It's all going to get messed up soon. When he gets back reality is going to come crashing down around you and you're going to go into your depression. This is why you should be taking your meds." Did I mention that the voice in my head is my mother? LOL. But I'm at a point where I'm like cuss that, cuss my diagnosis, (or lack thereof because I missed my test and never rescheduled)I'm happy. For once in my life I have a lot of exciting things going on and I honestly don't think I've ever been this happy before. And it's NOT going to come crashing down around me, it's just going to get better. I have so much to look forward to still! When my husband comes home it's not going to go back to the way it was, we're going to both put in effort and things are going to continue to get better.

    Positive thinking yo.

    Sorry for the impromptu guest post! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol don't be sorry!!! The mantra I've been living by lately is "Its just a bad day, not a bad life." Bad days will happen. Expect them, let them happen, accept them, then wake up the next day with a fresh start. Taking life day by day really helps. Good for you for not letting the negative thoughts control you. Keep making small goals to focus on, make larger goals to work towards. You know I'm here if you ever need someone to listen :) (That goes for everyone!)

      Delete