HTML Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

     

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
That depends on what day it is. Sometimes I feel 17 again, sometimes I feel like I should be 35.

Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Obviously never trying is worse. That's one thing I'm trying to teach my oldest right now. Failing is ok, learn from your mistakes and try again.

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't
like and like so many things we don't do?
 I think people just get used to being dreamers instead of doers. We do so many things we don't like because we settle, we underestimate ourselves, we get comfortable and forget that we have the power to live this life however we choose.

When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done?
lol probably, I talk a lot. But seriously, I'm trying to do more. That's my main reason for creating my 101 in 1001 list :)

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?
The way we treat each other. In the grand scheme of things, we are  all the same. We all bleed red. We all deserve to be happy and to be loved. I wish people were more respectful of other people's opinions. I wish people realized that no one is better than anyone else. Stop being mean and take care of each other. Enjoy life.

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Holding sleeping newborns.
Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
 I feel like I'm doing what I believe it. I've learned a lot about myself recently and have been stronger at making choices that are best for me and my family.
If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I try to live like this anyway. You never know when your time will come, or when the people around you will no longer be there. I learned about unexpected death at an early age and I definitely believe that's led me to live with this perspective.
To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I feel like I've controlled what I can. It was my choice to get married when I did and each baby was planned. I chose not to go to college and become a stay at home mom. I took control of my daughter's education and committed to homeschooling her. A lot of things are out of your control as a military spouse but you can control how you handle them!
Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I'm all about doing the right things. I can admit when I'm wrong. I'm not the type of person to want to be the best at everything. I believe that making mistakes is just another opportunity to grow. I don't see it as a failure.
You're having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
This ones easy. I've been in situations like this and I'm not afraid to stand up for my friend. It doesn't have to be rude but I would probably say something like "Actually, I'm pretty good friends with _____ and she's not really like that once you get to know her. Sorry she gave you that impression." and then follow up with some examples. If I truly disagreed with what they were saying, I wouldn't have a problem speaking up.

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
 There are lots of people in this world who just want to bring other people down. Don't let them. That attitude is a reflection on themselves, not you.

Would you break the law to save a loved one?
 Hmm that would totally depend on the situation. I can't even answer that one.

Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
 One time, my friend Carly made a quesadilla with Cheez Its and soy sauce and I was like "That's insanity." And then I tried it and I was like "Wow she's so creative!"

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
Oh jeez, I'm so different than most people. Maybe my sense of humor is different than most people but that's not something I "do".

How come the things that make you happy don't make everyone happy?
Because we all have different likes and dislikes. What makes me happy is people who can accept the fact that not everyone has the same happiness.

What is one thing you have not done that you really want to do and what's holding you back?
 I really want to start school. What's holding me back is I'm supposed to use Andrew's GI Bill and I have no idea how to go about that!
Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes I am. I'm trying to move forward but that's so much easier said than done.
If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Hmm maybe Italy or Australia. A different state, Arizona or Texas...yes, this Cali girl would move to Texas!!
Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
 Um no. Who wrote these questions?

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I think I'm already a joyful simpleton. Ignorance is bliss, right?
Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. Having the opportunity to have a great friendship and not taking advantage of that is sad. Also, if a good friend moved away, and you were really good friends, distance wouldn't matter.

What are you most grateful for?
I can honestly say, my husband. I live a very nice, comfortable life and I wouldn't be able to do it if it wasn't for his hard work and commitment to the military. I married him as soon as I became and adult so I've never had to worry about money, health insurance, food, or housing. My kids have nice clothes, a nice home to live in, we have the ability to afford extracurricular activities for them, we drive a nice car. I don't know where I would be in life if I hadn't met him.
Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather never be able to make new ones.
Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
 It's possible, trust me ;)
Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Yes, unfortunately.
Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Actually I do and actually it does lol
What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
 My happiest childhood memories are always the simplest ones. Playing Barbies with my sister and Carly. Playing in the mud outside or climbing the trees in my yard. I don't have one thing that sticks out in particular.

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
I'm gonna have to say the day Andrew deployed. I think that was the day I realized that our marriage is going to be ok and that I can handle this deployment a lot better than the last. I felt confident, in love, and proud of my family.

If not now, then when?
When its time.

If you haven't achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Exactly!

Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Apparently not because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
I don't know. It goes along with the whole "Respect other's opinions" thing.

Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Again, a matter of opinion.

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don't have a job! lol But if I did, no. A million dollars only lasts so long.

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy doing. It would most likely involve helping people in some way so the more work I had, the more I'd be helping.

Do you feel like you've lived this day a hundred times before?
You mean the one where I wake up, clean, change diapers, cook, clean and then go to bed? Yes.

When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
 I don't do that very often but maybe committing to this blog? I'm enjoying it though and I've gotten more of an audience than I expected!
If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
My mom and dad and sister.
Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Ew no. That's stupid.
What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Well anyone can be alive. That's easy. Truly living is really making an effort to live your best life every single day. Take advantage of opportunities that come your way and don't let anyone hinder your capabilities.
When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
 If you know its right then just do it.
If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because we are trained to think that mistakes equal failure. We grow up with a fear of failure therefore we fear mistakes. One of the reasons I'm working on this with Kayden. I want my kids growing up with a different point of view.
What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would be more open about my beliefs. I mostly keep it all to myself because I really don't feel like debating with people about it.
When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Wednesday when I saw the respiratory therapist and she made me take deep breaths.
What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
 I love eating and I've eaten quite a few times today, does that count?
In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?
Probably since it was Valentine's Day and we had a fabulous party with our play group.
What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Probably not lol
Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Definitely making them for myself. I feel stronger than ever.

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
 I hope so. I try.
Why are you, you?
I've learned a lot in my short time on this earth. Been through quite a few experiences that have taught me about life. Appreciate what you have, live happy and healthy, and laugh a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete