HTML Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

My Obsession

I can't believe I haven't written this post yet.
I want to have a personal relationship with my readers.
I want you to feel like you know me and that just can't be accurate until you
completely understand my obsession for NFL football.

I grew up in a big football family.
My mom was born and raised in Green Bay and the Packers have always been a
huge part of her life.

 Me, around 1 year old.

My dad was born and raised in San Diego so for him, its been the Chargers.
 They raised us in Southern California so, naturally, I inherited the blue and gold blood.

 
 Me and my dad at Lambeau field, representing. 2005.


I remember being around 5 or 6 years old doing cheers during halftime
while my dad watched the game.
It was just me and my sister so I think my dad accepted the fact that he would
forever have little cheerleaders instead of a little sports buddy.
 Well things changed in middle school.

My best friend and I became obsessed with the NFL.
I started learning everything I could about the game. We knew names, bios, stats, all the
details for almost every single team in the league.
Our "free time" would be spent watching Sportscenter, going to Chargers events,
and playing our little "fantasy football" game we created using the bio pictures of
different players that we would cut out of newspapers and laminate.

We were about 14 years old and everyone in our school knew us as the die hard
football girls who always wore their jerseys on Mondays.
We met lots of players, got lots of autographs, even participated as Jr Charger Girls
and had the opportunity to perform at half time at a Chargers/Bengals game.

It was fricken awesome, if you ask me!
Here's us, and her younger sister too, at the game last weekend! And my dad lol

 
These days, I am just as obsessed. I know the game well enough to talk to any dude about it.
I have even shown up a couple dudes trying to talk football with me who really 
didn't know what they were talking about.

My son and I at a Chargers game. Nov 2009.

Pregame, November 2012

This is a big weekend for Bolts fans.

Its the first weekend of the Playoffs and I was NOT expecting to see my boys in it!
I stand by their side, win or lose, but the playoffs just didn't seem to be in the picture this year.
I've convinced my parents to invite a bunch of people over. I'm going to cook a bunch of food,
and we are going watch our boys play their hearts out.
(Packers are also in the Playoffs so we got allllll day)

 Me and my baby girl, October 2011.

So if you happen to be watching the wildcard games this weekend and you come
across some blue and gold, think of me, and do a little cheer. Send some good vibes to these
guys because if they win this game, they move on. If they lose, their season is over.

GO CHARGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment