HTML Map

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Breaking News

So this is kind of going along with the whole 
"I wanna have a personal relationship with my readers" thing
...sh*ts about to get real...

I'm getting a divorce.

No shame. This is real life.
I'm not gonna go into details or anything but if you and I are gonna be friends,
I figured Id have to break the news at some point.

I'm going from a stay-at-home mom and wife of a Marine, to a working single mom of 3.
This is going to be a really big adjustment and I can't say I'm not a little nervous. 

We moved back to my home town where my parents live as well as my sister and her family.
I grew up in this small town and know almost everyone so I know I will be taken care of here.
I know I will have everyone's love and support as I try to figure this mess out.

There are so many decisions I need to make and I'm stressing out about it.
Do I work full-time or part-time?
Do I find a 3-bedroom house to rent or try to squeeze into a more affordable 2-bedroom?
Do I have to put my kids in public school or can I figure out a way to homeschool around
our schedules?

I know we will be ok on our own.
It's not like I've never had to care for all 3 of them alone before
Thankfully the kids are used to Dad being gone for extended periods of time so that part won't be much of a change for them.

I lose my best friend and the only life I've ever known within 9 months.
I guess the only way to go from here is up right?

Here's to a happier, healthier new year with new beginnings and new opportunities!

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh wow. I'm so sorry to hear this, but I commend you for baring it all as they say, on your blog. (I just found you via iateskinny by the way!) I was married to a military man and we separated in 2012....it is a hard thing. I totally underestimated how hard divorce was. I always thought it must be like another breakup until it happened to me.

    I'm glad you have a strong support group. Just know that whatever you feel in the coming times, it's okay to feel negatively and it's okay to go hide in a closet and scream and maybe eat too much chocolate. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here (virtually.) Internet hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just found your blog searching for info on Twentynine Palms .. My fiancé just got stationed there for school. I'm so sorry to hear about your divorce. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Kelly. You're an amazing mom, and I know you'll do fine. Hopefully I'll get to see you when we head down that way next football season.

    ReplyDelete