HTML Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

Homemade Mexican Rice {recipe}

I've been debating whether or not to post this since I literally have
NO Mexican or Spanish heritage in my family.
However, after watching my in-laws make rice for years, 
I kind of got the hang of it.

Then, the other night, I went to dinner at a friend's house.
I made rice and there was a REAL Mexican from Mexico there who liked it!

With Mayra's approval, I decided it was time to post my recipe.
With pride.



Homemade Mexican Rice

Ingredients:
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 cups long grain white rice
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
4 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
1 jalapeno, whole
small can of peas and carrots, drained

Directions:
Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add rice and onion. Fry until rice starts to turn slightly brown. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until all water is absorbed. Feel like a pro and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment