HTML Map

Friday, June 28, 2013

uSwim

I have to share this pretty cool site I found.
When my husband deployed in the summer of 2011,
I had a bright idea to teach my kids how to swim.
That's when I found this site.
 
Note: As I'm writing this, the site is not working. But try again later, trust me, its worth it! 
Or add them on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/uSwimLessons

I was pregnant with our 3rd child in 2011,
I don't know what I was thinking.
Teach my kids how to swim...
ain't nobody got time for that!

Anyway!

Two years later, I am actually going to teach them how to swim.

Every summer I plan on putting them in swim lessons
but for one reason or another it just doesn't work out.
Now that I actually have my husband home and
I'm not pregnant, I feel like we can do this thang!

It is a completely free instructional website out of Australia.
Their lessons are very easy to follow. They have videos
for every step of the way. There are printable lesson plans
available to take with you to the pool. And when your child
completes a level, they get a certificate!

My 6 year old should know how to swim by now.
My 3 year old is fearless and loves the water.
I think by following uSwim's guidelines, we will have
some official swimmers on our hands really soon!

We took the kids to the pool yesterday and started
teaching them how to hold their breath under water.
By the time we left, my timid 6 year old was able to go
completely under the water for a few seconds on her own.
My 3 year old was also holding his breath for a few seconds
but had a hard time staying under water without laughing!


We plan on being in the pool A LOT to get them
comfortable with being in the water.
 
You never know when they will need to use this valuable skill.
I hope you find uSwim as useful as I did!

Ps. No one paid me to tell you this lol

No comments:

Post a Comment