HTML Map

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cowboy Country Calico Baked Beans {recipe}

I'm not really sure what to call this recipe.
Its adapted from a few different recipes in my Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook.
My mom would make these beans often when I was growing up.
I remember them almost always being served with a ham at Christmas time.
It was always one of my favorite dishes and I just recently started making it
for my own family. It's great for BBQs and potlucks!



Oh, and this isn't my picture. Its a picture I googled. But it is a picture of
beans, and it looks almost exactly like these CCCBBs. That's my new acronym too.
I don't think it works.

Cowboy Country Calico Baked Beans
1lb bacon, cooked and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2lb can pork and beans
16oz can Great Northern beans
16oz can butter beans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
2tbs apple cider vinegar
1tbs prepared mustard

Combine all in a slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours.
That's it!

And just FYI, for those of you who don't know (like me) butter beans
might be found near canned vegetables, not with the beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment