HTML Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Smart Snacking

I saw this on Pinterest and knew I had to copy it...



My kids are snackers.
I try to make good decisions when shopping for their snacks.
The cheapest and most convenient snacks are typically the unhealthy ones too
so I've really had to pay attention. 

I've always kept a bowl with a mixture of easy grab foods for them.
It usually contains individually packed crackers, cookies, boxes of raisins,
fruit leather, and granola bars. I try to stay away from gummies and crap snacks.

This fridge idea opened up a whole new realm of possibilities for my little ones snacking needs.
I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

I splurged a little on the packets of apples and guacamole but I figured they were worth it. 

Although the bowl of mixed goodies stays on top of the fridge and they only get
access to it once or twice a day, this one is a little more accessible so I added baggies of
prewashed fruits and veggies so I don't feel bad about how much they decide to eat. 

If you have any ideas of convenient healthy food I can keep on hand
in our snack bowl or in our fridge box let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment