HTML Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

Chicken Fried Rice {Recipe}

So I whipped up this little gem of a dish a few
weeks ago and I was very pleased with the ease
and tastiness it possessed, so I felt I had to share it.

Fried rice.
I've never tried making it on my own, this was the first time.
I found a couple different recipes online and mashed them together.

Obviously this isn't a very labor intensive recipe, which is
a big reason why I love it. I love it cheap and easy.


Oh and you've probably guessed, this isn't my picture.


Chicken Fried Rice

2 tbs sesame seed oil
4 servings of cooked brown rice
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
(marinated for 30 min in equal parts honey & soy sauce, 1 clove of chopped garlic)
2 green onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup soy sauce

1) Heat oil in pan on medium high. Cook chicken and remove from pan for later.
2) Saute garlic and green onion for one minute. Add peas and carrots and butter
and heat until veggies thaw, stirring continuously.
3) Push veggies to the side of the pan and cook the eggs. When eggs are done,
add the chicken and mix it all together.
4) Add the soy sauce. Then add rice, by the spoonfuls, and fry until all ingredients
are well blended. 


Add this to your quick and easy weekday meal list!

No comments:

Post a Comment