HTML Map

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

I was just beginning 8th grade when 9/11 occured.
I walked into my 1st period Algebra class and saw my teacher, Mrs. Stone,
sitting quietly on her stool watching us come in, with the news on the TV behind her.


We immediately knew something wasn't right.
Mrs. Stone was always bright, cheerful and energetic in the mornings.

Once we were all seated, she slowly started to explain to us what happened to our
country that morning. I didn't understand. I don't think a lot of us did.
We spent the entire class time asking questions, trying to comprehend it.

I remember coming home from school that day, hopping onto my computer and
playing music. I started to read articles online and people's comments and that's
when I started realizing that this was serious.

To this day, the songs "I'm Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado and "How You Remind Me"
by Nickelback bring me back to that moment.

It took me a few days, and lots of questions, to actually understand what a
"terrorist attack" was and that our country will be forever different.

Even though I didn't get it at first, I will never forget that moment walking
into 1st period and the look on my teacher's face.

Twelve years later, and a world of new friends, I'm interested...where were you?


Please take a moment to watch the following 9/11 tribute video by Gus & Knots.
The drummer in this video is my amazingly talented close friend, Laura.
You can check out her professional drum page here. Enjoy and Never Forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment