HTML Map

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

TOYbox May 2013


Thank you to everyone who has signed up
Matches have been made, e-mails have been sent,
and smiles are on their way :)

I still didn't have very many participants, just enough
so everyone was matched, but I'd REALLY like to get
the word out about this. Especially after the feedback I
received from military spouses that received packages.
You have no idea what you can do for someone's day just
by putting together a small box of love.

Think of it as a long distance hug to someone who very
frequently handles all the stresses of a regular household, raising
children, bills, and small paychecks. Add on the worry and 
heartache of your spouse being overseas or trying to maintain
a relationship and a family when you are half a world apart 
for 6+ months. It's not easy, trust me.
(Disclaimer: I do NOT sign myself up to receive these boxes!
I started this strictly for my military wife sisters!)

So, I am pleading with you to please help me spread the
word! Blog about it, share this post on Facebook, mention
it to family and friends. I'd like to see a huge jump in numbers
for May!

If you are a military spouse, don't hesitate to sign up. People
would love to send you a hug and this world could use a little
more positivity.

WITH THAT BEING SAID
Here are some pictures of boxes that were sent last month!
The theme was SPRING!



Thank you Lizzie at Yours, Mine & Ours for the pics!

I will now be accepting sign ups for TOYbox May!
May is National Date Your Mate month so May's theme
will be DATE YOUR MATE :)

Links to sign up to send or receive a box are at the bottom of this post.
Sign ups are monthly, so if you signed up for April for either one,
you will have to sign up again to participate in May.

Important Notes and Rules
1. We are not responsible for anything that occurs after
your match has been made. 
2. There is a $20 max spending limit on the package
you create. This does not include shipping costs.
3. Lost or damaged boxes are out of our control and
we recommend adding tracking to your package.
4. If you have been matched with someone but never
receive a box, please let us know so we can contact
the person responsible.
5. If you are a Sender, please e-mail us a picture of your
box so I can showcase them at the end of the month!
thinkingofyoubox@gmail.com
 
Click HERE to sign up to send.
Military spouses click HERE to sign up to receive.
Deadline to sign up for May is April 30, 2013! 

2 comments:

  1. That's so amazing! That is a very special and sweet idea and I'm so glad to see you spreading the word about it! Something so small and simple to one person can mean so much to someone else, especially a family missing their husband/daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! For me, I get so stuck in a routine during a deployment just to get through that my "excitement" is going to the mail box to see whats in it. To receive a package filled with goodies would be so uplifting!

      Delete